Shower Floor Tiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure this has probably been covered already and if it has I apologise for repeating.

I'm looking to remove a shower tray from our ensuite and replace it with a tiled shower floor. Not really a wetroom, kind of a half a wet room if there is such a thing. I will be putting in a "curb" at the end of the tiles to contain the water and prevent it getting onto the floorboards.

The ensuite has a concrete floor (its in a bungalow), I'm guessing it is not simply a case of laying the floor tiles with a suitable run off into the plug hole, so my question is what else would be involved to do the job (I'm assuming there is more involved to ensure the floor is watertight) and what is the best method of creating the run off in the floor.

Thanks for your help, like I said if this is a repeat question please accept my apologies.

Sponsored Links
ypu need to tank the floor before you tile see the post in wall tiling about waterproofing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back