Shower From Bath Taps?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I\\\'ve never done any plumbing before and would like to put in a new bathroom. There is currently no shower, just a bath. I was wondering whether running the shower from the bath taps would be the best option (certainly easiest), however at current I have on of those rubber attachments over the bath taps and the pressure from the cold water pushes all of the hot out. Would I have the same problem with a thermastatic mixer attachment? If so how can I solve it? :confused: :?:

Sponsored Links
Thanks, the cold does come from the tank. Does that mean it should be OK or will the cold still force the hot out? :)

Sponsored Links
the cold cant come from the tank in the loft otherwise it would not be pushing the hot back up.

(the cold water tank in the loft is for ur hot water)

but as kev said if u fit a new connector to the tank and run a pipe to the cold tap in the bath then they be equal pressure and work ok assuming u have got enough head, cos dont forget ur shower head will be higher and therefore will have less pressure

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back