Shower from mixer taps wont turn off.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I am really after some help, I recently installed new mixer taps, and a new overhead "rain" shower, you push the centre piece DOWN (where the shower tube connects from the tap, to the shower) to activate the shower. However, once I turn the taps off, it doesn't seem to reset the switch, so once the taps turn on again, the shower comes on (and gives a bit of a shock when not expected) if I remove the pipe from the tap, a lot of water pours out, making me think its a pressure issue. I have turned the water cut off valve down to limit the intake of water (I'm a complete novice) but no effect. I'm guessing (and this really is a complete guess!!) that the water pressure remaining in the shower piping is enough not to allow the tap to reset. without physically removing the pipe from the tap and manually draining it. any help or ideas would be gratefully received.

Kind Regards

Sponsored Links
Hello Chris ( fellow Sussex dweller) is it possible to pull the centre piece up . I understand you consider it self resetting, but maybe it's not ;)

Hello!, it is not possible to pull the centre piece up, it pushes down and returns up on its own straight away, once the shower is activated.

Sponsored Links
Do you have NRVs connected to the hot and cold feeds to the mixer? Maybe the product needs some movement upstream to release the plunger/button?!
I would contact the manufacturer and/or study the MIs to see what might be causing the problem!
Next time you're in the shower, can you try diverting flow back to the taps, before turning them off?!
Do you have a link to the manual, that you can post?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back