Shower Fuse Replacement - easy to do?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, advice & opinions much appreciated please!

My 9kw Mira Sport suddenly stopped working...

Chief symptom is the power indicator light does not come on. Curious other symptom is that the red indicator light in the ceiling switch does come on as normal, but if you press the on/off button on the shower unit, the celing switch indicator light goes off, if you then switch the shower unit on/off switch back to off, hey presto, ceiling switch light comes back on.

I'm suspecting the internal fuse has blown and wonder whether it's worth replacing it before going the whole hog & splashing out (no pun intended honest :D ) on a new shower. Is it worth it? If so, can someone advise what type of fuse I need, according to the booklet it's 40amp but I'm guessing when I walk in the hardware shop I need more information that just "a 40amp fuse please" - ? Also, should I be deterred by the manufacturer's warnings about 'no user-servicable parts... you have no business opening this cover...' or is it fairly easy to do?

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
the shower don't have an internal fuse.

the fault is in the pull cord bad connection, burnt wire etc.
at worst a bad connection in the consumer box but 99% at the pullcord.

the 40 amp main fuse your talking about is in the consumer unit.
and thats not at fault if the pull cord lights.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back