Shower head intermittent drips

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got a Easiboost pump and a Cascade Jive thermostatic shower. They were fitted about 3 years ago and I've had no problems with them until now.

Recently the shower head has started dripping when the shower is turned off. This is intermittent and sometimes starts immediately, sometimes not. I've replaced the 3 seals inside the cartridge which seemed to fix it however the problem has started again.

When the shower is switched off all seems fine, then after a few minutes there is a little spurt. The pump gives 3 or 4 very short bursts then cold water drips from the head. If I turn the pump off water will still drip from the head.

I guess it must be something to do with pressure as when I take the shower head off the wall and place it in the bath the dripping stops. I'm at a bit of a loss what to do about this so any suggestions would be welcome.

Lee

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Have done some more investigation on the shower drip and it only seems to be a problem when the boiler is on and the water is heated. The hotter the water the worse the problem.

Any advice on how I can fix this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back