Shower head riser rail, removal SOLVED

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Shower%20head%20riser%20rail2_zpspttmvufs.jpg
Hi
This morning I tried to adjust the head holder on the shower and it snapped. So I need to temporarily remove the riser rail so I can fit a new head holder on to the bar.

However, I cannot see how to remove the rail. There are large fittings that look like washers next to the wall but these are not responding to attempts to turn them by hand and I don't want to force them until I know what I'm doing. I attach photos and would be very grateful for any advice as to how to temporarily remove the bar. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Shower%20head%20riser%20rail_zps6yzkgogx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Shower%20head%20riser%20rail2_zpspttmvufs.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Attachments

• Shower head riser rail.jpg
    Shower head riser rail.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 1,151
  • Shower head riser rail2.jpg
    Shower head riser rail2.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 903
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
From the photos it looks like the vertical bar unscrews into the bottom bracket and with a wiggle it will come out :) Could all be seized up thou,then hack saw it off and fit a new riser kit

Egmond Have you sourced a replacement shower head holder ?,they do vary in diameter. Usually the complete riser kit is exchanged,the Triton Adam riser kit is ok and comes with a new hose and shower head.(dont buy a cheap riser,there cheap for a reason).

Good luck :!:

Not overly clear from pics but sometimes there’s a grub screw on top/beneath the holders.. 1.5mm hex key sometimes...

From the photos it looks like the vertical bar unscrews into the bottom bracket and with a wiggle it will come out :) Could all be seized up thou,then hack saw it off and fit a new riser kit

Egmond Have you sourced a replacement shower head holder ?,they do vary in diameter. Usually the complete riser kit is exchanged,the Triton Adam riser kit is ok and comes with a new hose and shower head.(dont buy a cheap riser,there cheap for a reason).

Good luck :!:

Thanks. I can't get any rotating movement on the bar itself so if it is seized up it's seized up good and proper. As for the head holder yes thanks i found a decent looking one designed for 25mm bars, which this seems to be, so if I could only get the rail off it should be straightforward. Looks like it might end up a hacksaw job - thanks anyway.

Sponsored Links
Have now sorted this and I thought I would post an update on the remote chance that anyone has the same problem (I saw one or two similar threads on removing other riser rails).

The two washer-like rings next to the wall (shrouds), one on each bracket, were what needed to be moved. At first both seemed stuck rock solid, almost as if they were an integral part of the brackets. However, I chipped away some sealant and sprayed some Dw40 and tried turning them with a pipe wrench, turning at first anticlockwise as I thought they would screw backwards away from the wall to maybe expose screw heads. They didn't budge.

However, it worked when I turned them clockwise, as it turned out they themselves were fixed to the wall on an inner ring and the brackets screwed into them. The brackets then came out easily and I can now fix a new head holder.

Thanks again to posters who replied.

Have now sorted this and I thought I would post an update on the remote chance that anyone has the same problem (I saw one or two similar threads on removing other riser rails).

The two washer-like rings next to the wall (shrouds), one on each bracket, were what needed to be moved. At first both seemed stuck rock solid, almost as if they were an integral part of the brackets. However, I chipped away some sealant and sprayed some Dw40 and tried turning them with a pipe wrench, turning at first anticlockwise as I thought they would screw backwards away from the wall to maybe expose screw heads. They didn't budge.

However, it worked when I turned them clockwise, as it turned out they themselves were fixed to the wall on an inner ring and the brackets screwed into them. The brackets then came out easily and I can now fix a new head holder.

Thanks again to posters who replied.
I made an account literally just to thank you for this update - now I can finally remove the disgusting rusty shower caddy that looks like it's been in this rental for over 10 years.

I have been trying to remove the "shrouds" of the shower rail for several hours but they weren't budging, I thought they were fused to the brackets or glued to the wall. But just like you said a bit of oil and chipping away at the sides (no sealant just years of shower gunk ) and it popped right off. Thank you ❤️❤️❤️

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back