Shower riser removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help! I can’t seem to find any screws and no caps come off. How do I remove the brackets so I can get to the riser bar and remove the shower head holder?
many help much appreciated

upload_2020-1-9_21-45-20.jpeg

upload_2020-1-9_21-45-38.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Looking at the second picture is there a slight gap between the chrome part and silver plate you can pop a flat blade screwdriver into? I can quite make it out but can you see if that pops out?

The chrome part is a cover. You need to slide it down off the grey part. They've sometimes got internal clips though so you might break it in the process

Sponsored Links
For sure, the covers will come off one way or another......if they won't slide down, try pulling towards you. Carefully does it!
John :)

If the covers don't slide off then have a look underneath, if there's a hole there then an allan key will fit in there and loosen a bolt then the whole bracket will pull off, then look for a hole on the top of the top bracket, same again, Mira have been making their risers fit like that for quite a while.

Can anyone answer how this was eventually removed. I have the same rail and without breaking it I’m still confused

Ah ha .... sorted it myself seconds after post.... You gently prise the cover off and it slides up or down

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back