Shower help - won't run cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm hoping I can get some advice and pointers for a shower problem - basically I can't get it to run cold, it's either hot or really hot!

It's a Wickes Origin LL thermostatic shower (which I believe is a rebadged Bristan Chill or similar), fed via a Salamander RSP 100 pump, from a balanced supply.

I've tried setting the temperature as per the instructions, but even with the handle set as far cold as it will go it makes no difference. I've checked the inlet filters which are clear. I've swapped the pump with a known good unit with the same issue. I've disconnected the connections to the shower and run the pump into a bucket, which gives a good flow. So now I'm a little stuck.

Is there anything else I can check, to determine the issue? Could it be a faulty thermostatic cartridge?

Many thanks, Jon.

Sponsored Links
is this a new valve, or has it suddenly stopped working?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back