shower knob not turning on shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've a triton caselona ii shower and lately the dial knob to turn shower on/off is playing up. You have to keep trying to turn it on/off several times and eventually it turns on. Turning off isn't a problem only turning on.

I've taken the case off couldn't see any obvious problem as such both connectors (circles with top sliced) seemed ok.

I was thinking of either putting some prit-stick around both to give it some grip. Any ideas what I can try or what is the best solution to this?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
It might be the actual switch that is the problem. replaced one yesterday with the same problem. The knob was fine and there was no visible wear on the splines. Unfortunately, the part is no longer available not even from shower doctor

Sorry. Just realised you have a second edition. This part IS available from showerdoc at about £33.00.

Hi,

I've also notice if you apply a little force/pressure to the knob and then turn it, the shower turns on. Would this still indicate a problem with the switch? Is there a definitive way to know if it is the switch and not the knob not catching?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I suppose you could take the cover off and turn the dial by hand but just don't touch anything electrical inside.

well, it no longer works by applying gentle force. I turned off electrics, opened it up, and the internal dial rotated and clicked, left it in place, put cover back on. turned on electrics and shower working.

so now having to turn shower on/off via fuse switch.
It looks like you just can't replace the dial but have to buy the whole cover - for which they want £80! Nuts.

Just wondering they must be some improvising I can do to get the dial working again- thinking of duct tape to make a tighter connection, there must be something that will make the connection tight again? any thoughts?

thanks,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back