Shower leaking into downstairs wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

Shower is leaking into downstairs when water is being aimed at wall .

All sealant has been redone on outside and between shower tray and wall at the bottom on inside , can’t spot any leakages here.

It runs down the wall downstairs beneath shower in lines , when water is sprayed at the wall.

Have a feeling it could be related to the screw holes not being siliconed before screws went into vertical rail, and it is letting water into them , then going down the wall?

Is the fix to take shower rail out and fill holes with silicone?

Or can I just put a thin line of silicone vertically up the inside rail, to prevent leakage through the screw holes.

I know you’re not supposed to silicone vertically inside due to water being able to drain back into tray, but would a thin line be okay?

I have attached the pics of corner where I think it is leaking through drill holes and also the leak into downstairs under shower

Any advice would be much appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_0161.jpeg
    IMG_0161.jpeg
    271.5 KB · Views: 28
  • image000000.jpeg
    image000000.jpeg
    85.6 KB · Views: 29
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back