Shower leaking Please Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just had a shower cubicle installed with a mixer shower (Brita) Leaking downstairs its the nost frustrating thing ever I have tried several things.

When we use the shower for more than 10 minutes or if two people use it one after the other the downstairs cieling starts to get wet.

The Shower is installed upstairs the walls are tiled and lined with Aqua panels. Good grout it is suppose to be good enough for Olympic swimming pools.

I have removed the new sealent between the tiles and the Shower tray and replaced the sealent ( best quality sealent from Screwfix 785) . The leak has moved to another place which means that there must be a problem with the sealent .

I have ran the water from the shower directly into the waste trap for half an hour nothing leaks onto teh cieling downstairs .

I have left the shower running for 15 -20 minutes in one part of the shower cubicle the water has leaked downstairs.

Can I apply sealent directly over old sealent ( just 2/3 weeks old sealent) ?

Could there be a hole in the grout if so how do I find it ?

Do the tiles need sealing they are floor tiles which we have placed onto the walls tile shop said they should be fine/

Please help someone out there must have had experience of this :

Sponsored Links
You need to make sure when sealing the area has been cleaned fully, with white spirit so the sealent can adhear to the surface proparly.

just have a good check for any holes in the sealent and also check the sides of the cubicle and the screen have been sealed, does any water come out onto the floor whilst in the shower?

and yes check the grouting, but if aqua panel has been used, and it has been tanked it shouldnt be going through the tiles

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back