Shower luke warm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
My rads get hot and so does my onsuite shower but the main shower is only luke warm. Process of illimination would this be the mixer unit thats faulty?
Need an expert to advise on my diagnosis :LOL:

problem only occured 2 days ago. Shower is non electric. There is a plate on the wall with 2 knobs protuding (on/off and temp). Behind plate is a brass bulky bit of kit (looks datd and crude) which would be the mixer part i presume?? A brass pipe goes into the bottom of this which provides the hot and cold water
Thanks in advance
S

Sponsored Links
Heating system? Boiler? combi? hot water cylinder?

We need a lot more info first :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
yes they do get really hot
I had a look at the mixer gadget and there is hot and cold pipes coming into the main piece within the plaster partition. I dismantled the lot had a look and put it all back together. I turned the cold water compression down (if thats the screw bit on the pipe) and it has helped a bit but my concern is that this shower is literally next to the bath and the hot water out of the tap is scolding. Its the same pipe which feeds the shower
If i do need a new mixer piece is what kind of specs do i look for as the one thats in has no markings other than its a bulky brass item

Thanks in advance
:oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back