Showers gone luke warm?

Sponsored Links
He has checked and hot pipe at shower is "very hot"
via which method,i ask.

A calibrated thermometer which can show a temperature is better than a manual finger touch of the pipes,anyone installing or repairing showers has to ensure its safe operation so there are tools available.

2 showers sounds like a Hmo :mad:

Sponsored Links
Okay...

Unless I'm completely misinformed then the taps and showers are all running from the tank and not the combi.

The expansion pipe is not immersed in the storage tank, just checked this.

Definitely checked the correct filters. I know what you mean about making sure it's the correct ones, there's an obsolete pair where the connections haven't been used.

As for measuring the temperature I agree it's only been by feeling the pipes by hand but it really does seem too hot to touch so "very hot" is my best description lol.

It's not a HMO just a 4bed house with a main bathroom and an en-suite from one bedroom hence the two showers.

Thanks for all the help I appreciate it all. I think I'm probably needing to get a plumber around to sort it out now. Will report back

Do you have other hot taps supplied by this cylinder and if so do they run OK?
Could a bit of fibreglass etc have got in to the tank?
Could you disconnect one of the hot pipes and put a hose on it and confirm that full flow is available on the hot?
Drop shower head in to tray and run shower, switch to full cold till it runs nicely, switch to full hot, repeat, repeat, any difference?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back