Hot water tank pipe to taps luke warm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
500C3FC8-22A4-40F2-9478-76BD53025C4A.jpeg
Hi everyone just wanted to double check my hot water is still coming mild warm from all hot taps in house, checking the hot water tank in the loft the flow and return pipes are very hot but the top pipe to the hot water taps is luke warm cold?. When I put the immersion on the hot water pipe at the top gets very hot and all hot taps in the house get hot, does this mean I have a faulty hot water cylinder does it need replacing? Maybe the heat from the coil in tank is not being transferred any advice would be great thank you

Sponsored Links
Hard to tell from that photo but it looks like both pipes to cylinder coil are fed from the same pipe? If this is true then that’s your problem.

ADC38304-28CF-4DA4-A1CF-92F937CAB08E.png
I can see 2 separate pipes flo and return to the cylinder

Still looks the same just zoomed in, try from the side of you can, also that bottom pipe looks low down?

Sponsored Links
Odd , the earlier pic shows an AAV on the top pipe ,and the last pic shows a stop end.
Why ?

A plumber came to service my boiler and just fitted it the above photo is older but serves the same purpose to show 2 pipes going into tank

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
OK cheers. So the auto air vent is currently fitted ,good.
What temperature is the hot water cylinder stat set to ? And how long does your programmer/ timer run for domestic hot water each day ?

The hot water cylinder is set at 60, the hot water set to run for one hour after the hour I check the stat move it back and it clicks at 40 never seems to reach 60, the cylinder stat was tested buy the plumber so should work, only when I use the immersion the pipe at the top gets hotter

Those 28mm pipes laying flat look like they were/are a gravity circuit to the dhw cyl. Or are they pumped. are there any 2 port or 3 port valves on the heating /water circuit.

Well , if the flow and return on the primaries through the cylinder are getting hot but the water isn't then there's a problem with the coil, are you in a hard water area?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back