Shower - no water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a totally hopeless newbie so bear with me please. I've got a Triton Jade shower unit with no hot water cylinder. Over the past few months, whilst showering, it would occasionally stop providing water for a few seconds, then automatically re-start.

A few days ago it stopped for good. The power & low pressure lights are on. I can still get a good water supply all around the rest of the house.

Does this point to a water pump problem ? - I'm not even sure if there is a pump or is it located within the shower unit ?

Sponsored Links
Your shower should be plumbed to the mains pipe and not a cold water storage cistern (if you have one).
Find out what is feeding it by tracing it back. :D

Usually mains pressure but it could be fed from the cold tank if it was pumped though. One reason for the shower stopping for a few secs would be if it was on mains pressure that was a bit low and the kitchen sink tap was turned on.

Sponsored Links
might be full of lime scale or the gauze filter sometimes fitted to these showers at the inlet pipe might be clogged up. take the hose off see if that makes any difference ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back