Shower offset elbow FAIL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I've failed big time on this one!

I've tiled leaving two 15mm pipes coming horizontally out of the wall at 150mm centres for my bar mixer shower. I've only ever fitted electric showers before and so I've never used the offset elbows before, but it dawned on me today when I came to fit the shower that there was no way to fit the 15mm compression joint now that I have tiled! It was obviously supposed to be fitted before tiling so that just the 3/4 inch male part was proud of the wall.

Anyone know if there is a work around for this, other than breaking tiles? Or will I just have to get my hammer out?

Picture attached (15mm pipes clearly too long, but I want to work out what I'm doing before I cut them) (from left to right: compression nut and olive, offset elbow, cover, bar mixer).

Cheers

Steve

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I have just fitted a shower (first time ever) and used a pair of these:
http://www.buyaparcel.com/p/bar-sho...-mount-fast-fix-easy-fit-shower-mixer-230177/

You will need to make sure that your pipes are dead on 150mm centres before screwing the brackets though, or you'll be back to the eccentrics!

I also fitted some fat noggins to screw into behind the tiles too. Bit late for you to make sure of that now though...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back