Shower Part P

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have done a search for this but I cant find the answer although I'm sure it must have been covered so please excuse me if it has.

I'm a bit confused about installing an electric shower and Part P.

I consider myself a competent electric DIY'er. Done quite a lot in my house spurs sockets etc.

What are the rules about installing a shower and shower circuit I suspect I'm not allowed to do this is that correct?

If so can I run in the cables and do plumbing and just get a sparky in to do the connecting?

Thanks for your help

Paul.

Sponsored Links
You can do it, but its notifiable work, you will need to contact the building regs department of your local council and ask what system they use for this, if they are competant, it will be a case of paying them some money and letting them inspect the work, but councils can be funny, best thing would be to ring them and ask and post their answer here and I'm sure ban will come along and advise you as to whether their way of dealing with it is strictly allowed or not (some councils haven't exactly been playing by the book)

Or you could just do it last year, but I couldn't possibly condone doing that...

To do it last year was my initial thought.

And I think it will be my last, thanks guys.

Sponsored Links
December 2004 was a prolific month for electrical work. I think it was a record month. It is strange why no work has been conducted since :LOL:

pdcelec said:
December 2004 was a prolific month for electrical work. I think it was a record month. It is strange why no work has been conducted since :LOL:

Obviously it was because people wanted their houses nice for christmas, so they finished all the DIY tasks they needed to do just before christmas, there was then no work left to do after that, obviously :LOL: , quite why this happened on such a scale in 2004 when its never happened before is a complete mystery :LOL: ;)

My van actually shares a hell of a lot of characteristics as Dr Who's tardis, has anybody ever heard of me TIMELORD ELECTRICS??

Soz BAN cant help ye there mate, my van only goes back in time, usually december 2004, but if i get an upgrade i will let ye know.
PS any billy piper lookalikes on this forum who fancy a ride give me a shout...

ban-all-sheds said:
What are next week's winning lottery numbers?

will tell you in 8 days time. but I know for a fact that the 6 numbers will be between 1 and 50

pdcelec said:
ban-all-sheds said:
What are next week's winning lottery numbers?

will tell you in 8 days time. but I know for a fact that the 6 numbers will be between 1 and 50

I'll even go as far as putting money on them being integers :LOL: :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back