10mm shower cable question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Picking cable up for shower tomorrow am.
Part P sparky calling to carry out electrics
£20 difference in "heat resistant" cable and "normal" .

Is it worth the extra for a 9.5kw shower installation to buy heat resistant ?

Sponsored Links
Hasn't your part P sparky got drums of it that he could supply much cheaper than you buying by the meter at one of the DIY sheds?

Liam

Sponsored Links
I fit gas fires, for my sins.....

And I find that the hardest part of my job is getting reliable tradesmen to work in my customers houses.
If this guy turns up tomorrow ! it will be the third sparky I have booked in.
So, when the sparky turns up tomorrow he will find the floorboards up, the joists drilled, the cable in, ...... anything to make it easy for the guy to finish the job !!!!

Theres quite a few very reputable sparkys who are regulars on this forum in the yorkshire area.

Does seem surprising that during the current economic climate that anyone would turn down a shower radial job.

But there you go.

Thanks for that Clicksure.

Yes there are plenty of reliable sparks in Yorkshire and quite a few of us post on here and we are quite serious about our work.

Lets face it, times are tough now so if you have got a sparks who cannot give a toss, then why not give some of us lads a try.

I'm not touting for work, but it does get my goat to still hear that there are fellas near me who don't give a damn.

Myself, RF and others love our work and I think i can say do it to the best possible standards and at a fair price (I hope)

I have seen a real up turn in business lately purely through word of mouth and because people have had unreliable and unproactive sparks doing or saying they will do jobs, not showing and not letting clients know they are delayed.

Greed is the biggest factor in my opinion and poor time management, we all know jobs can over run, but letting people down by not showing or not communicating is a real fool proof method of killing a businness in these times.

Dont get me going oharaf, I'm managing for work at the minute, allbeit week by week but most people I 'get in' with have been disapointed with their previous sparky. See my new post on telephone wiring.

Are you looking at the right cable type, HEAT RES is usually flex and not ideal for a shower.
Do you mean LSF which is low smoke and fume, which is usually dearer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back