Shower - poor flow!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anybody please advise??
I went to look at a shower with the fault described as poor flow. The unit was a Aspen Whitewater concealed thermostatic shower valve. As the hose was leaking and the head in a poor state, i replaced these and tried it with no head on. The water both hot and cold just trickled. The bath taps and all others had a good flow. The tenant said it had been like this for the 6 months he had been renting the property. I took the valve out and stripped and cleaned it and tried again, no difference. I went in the loft to check the pipework and found that the base of the cistern was about 600mm above the shower head. It had a dedicated cold in 15mm running along the loft and down to the shower. The hot came from the top of the cylinder and up into the loft , along the floor and down to the valve, all in 15mm. I cannot understand how it ever worked with this set up (hot pipework) and would have thought it would have needed a negative head pump. Spoke to the owner and he said the shower was about 12 years old and had worked fine until very recently! Can anyone offer their thoughts please?

Many thanks in advance,

Gary.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back