Shower Problem

Sponsored Links
Thanks for answering my RCD question :rolleyes:

I do know what one is but i forgot........ its one of those things that stops the person from getting an eletric shock.

I CAN NOT AFFORD to get an eletrictian to look at it at this moment in time.

thanks

-Tom

It goes without saying that i put our health first ........... if somebody could explain to me what the correct set up should be for an eletric shower then i will check it.

In the mean time i guess we'll have to take baths.

Sponsored Links
tomlewis007 said:
In the mean time i guess we'll have to take baths.

At this moment in time I would say that is a good plan. These are homebase branded DIY showers and even Triton will tell you they are disposable, the spares are too expensive to make an economical repair.

tomlewis007 said:
What is the correct set up for an eletric shower?

Shower should be on its own circuit protected by an rcd. Cable should be correct size, either 6 mm or 10 mm and the fuse should be correct rating.
The cable should be fed into a double pole pull switch and from there to your shower.
It sounds as though you have a DIY installation and you should get it checked out ASAP by someone qualified.

ELECTRICS AND WATER DO NOT MIX :eek:

Reading the law on elwetric showers .......

The Unit has to have its own fused supply.

It has to have a pull switch.

I think our one has neither of those.........

Can somebody tell me what we pay for a survey for?

Does a power shower ....... (the one where it pumps hot and cold to a mixer) require a dedicated eletric pull switch and dedicated mains supply from the fuse box?

thans

Does a power shower ....... (the one where it pumps hot and cold to a mixer) require a dedicated eletric pull switch and dedicated mains supply from the fuse box?

1 it needs a means of isolation (could be a switch outside the bathroom)
2 no you could take a spur off the ring main through a fused connection unit

tomlewis007 said:
For the lenders benefit, not yours mate. :LOL:

No more questions, just do as you are told and get a sparky in :D

Bahco said:
tomlewis007 said:
For the lenders benefit, not yours mate. :LOL:

No more questions, just do as you are told and get a sparky in :D

I AM NOT GETTING A SPARKY.

Im not spending money on getting a sparky for him to tell me what i already know..........The unit has been fitted incorrectly.

To have a new eletric shower fitted correctly will mean i will have to have the following done.

New supply from my fuse box (what is loaced in the porch of my house)

This supply run though to the bath room..... ive got laminate floors so one of them will have to come up.

A pull cord fitted ........ ive got a flat roof so i will have to pull some plasterboard down for the switch.

Then buy and get a new eletric shower fitted.

-Tom

You might need bigger than 10mm sq.
And you have to test it, so you or your family don't die if something goes wrong.
Try the electrics forum.

This seems to be going to a dead end ..........

admin please close up :) thanks

tomlewis007 said:
To have a new eletric shower fitted correctly will mean i will have to have the following done.

New supply from my fuse box (what is loaced in the porch of my house)

This supply run though to the bath room..... ive got laminate floors so one of them will have to come up.

A pull cord fitted ........ ive got a flat roof so i will have to pull some plasterboard down for the switch.

Then buy and get a new eletric shower fitted.

-Tom
Indeed.

And your point is?

i am not ungreatful at all ........ infact im very greatful to everybody whom has answer my questions and tried to point me in the right direction.

Some other people cant seem to grasp that im on a very tight budget as ive only just bought the house (our first house).

So having all the things done for the eletric shower is a waste of time if i can fit a mixer shower for less.

-Tom

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back