shower pull cord help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

my shower pull cord started to smoke and stoped working , i.e the shower get power but when you try to turn it on the shower loses all power.

i am looking to get the pull cord changed , there is 40amp on the board , i want to know is ok for me to buy a 50amp/45amp pull cord to make it future proof or do i have to buy a 40amp pull cord?

thanks

bob

Sponsored Links
anybody? also how to i find what amp the current pull cord it?

Sponsored Links
thank you for all the help guys

do you think i should buy the Marbo 45A Pull Cord Sw + Neon @ 5.72 or Crabtree Pull Switch Chrome 50A 1w dp @ 18.99

or MK 50A Pullcord Sw + Neon @£10.68 or the Crabtree 50A Pullcord Sw + Neon @ 12.16

thanks guys for the help i am going for the MK 50A Pullcord Sw + Neon because the current one is a sqaure shape so easier to fit.

If the old one has smoked then it is likely that the cable will have got hot.

IT is important to cut the cable cores back to bright copper and make sure that the terminations are done up good and tight. Otherwise the new one with heat up too and you'll need yet another new one.

*Hint* use the correct sized screwdriver for the screws. ;)

Make sure you have the supply and load connections round the right way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back