Replace broken Switch Pull Cord and Fit New Extractor Fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys/Girls

1. Bathroom Pull Cord Switch - turns on/off the Shower has broke.
2. We're going to install a new ceiling mounted extractor fan.

Is it possible to purchase a new Pull Cord Switch (A nice Chrome polished one) that would power up both the shower and a newly fitted Fan? Or would I need to have a seperate pull cord for the shower and another for the fan?

If it's a possible to get a pull cord switch to power two deivces in this way where can I get one from? I dont mind buying one from the internet.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
It is common practice to run two appliances from one switch.BUT, NOT the shower and fan. Think about it, do you put the shower on when you only go to the toilet?

Sponsored Links
save energy, crack a window when making a smell.. it's not rocket science.. :)

and yes it's possible, but not with a regular switch, you'd need to add a fused spur into the shower line to tap off for the fan..
alternatively you could use a contactor in an adjacent cupboard / loft and use that to switch the shower and an aux block to run the fan.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back