Shower Pump in the LOFT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, can anyone offer me any advice as my sower pump is located in the loft and keeps freezing. The manufacturer is being no help and two pumps have frozen and the sensors broken so needed replacing. As they are electric motors I am reluctant to cover them in insulation products. I have thought about a mdf box with a small heater that triggers when the temp drops but this seems overkill. Are there any pumps designed for colder environments? Any help welcome! Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Can it not be moved from the loft to a location in the house (airing cupboard or under the bath) or is there a reason why it’s up in the loft? Just seems a very odd place for it to be.

We moved it from the airing cupboard as the cupboard is in our ensuite and it is really noisy in the mornings as I am up early. The only other cupboard we could use is in the second bedroom so it would cause the same issue. Our neighbour has done it without any problems but we are not having the same luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back