Shower Pump not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My other problem-they always seem to happen at once! - the shower pump seems to only work on cold - no hot water - why is this? it is a salamander ct50 twin impeller - what are the reasons for this? what can i do to check the problem please? thanks for helping me with both of my problems.

Sponsored Links
airlock or the filters blocked.

check the filters first in the flexi hoses to the pump.
while checking them see if you have a flow from the hot pipe from the cylinder into a bucket etc.

Sponsored Links
How do i check the filters? where do i turn the water off from for this - will the valve ti the pump inlets do? :oops:

has your pipework got any isolation valves between cylinder and pump ?or look on the top of the flexis for a slot for a screwdriver to fit into this will isolate them

sorry i found lever valves on the pipe to the pump and turned them both off. how do get to the filters please?

you'll need to isolate the outlet pipes of the pump aswell.

place a towel under the connector and unscrew the inlet pipe from the pump and in the end of flexi will be a gauze filter.

leave shower off but the pipe from pump to shower that is vertical will have water in.
soon as you release the inlets the water in the vertical pipe will run backwards out the pump.
if you can isolate the outlets you won't get so much running back.

checked filters and seem fine - not blocked or anything, i got a bit wet :) but all was ok. is there anything else that could be the problem here please? :confused:

place the hot one over a bucket and open the isolation valve see if it runs freely.

yep does! weird isn't it? what is the cause? is off again now but water ran freely from the hose with the filters back in

put all the hoses back on and run the shower feel the hot pipe if it gets hot all the way to the shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back