shower pump temp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have fitted shower pump salamander esp75,tanks in roof ,cyclinder on floor near pump .no gas boiler so heating up cylinder with 2 imersion heaters.worked fine but cutting out on temp to the pump(doesnt like 65 degrees)turned the heaters right down but think will still be too hot.salamander do a mixer to drop temp to 55-60 but imagine its a bit steep is there any way i can control imersions with a cyclinder stat.money not really a problem for mixer just curious cheers daz

Sponsored Links
Haven’t your immersion heaters got temperature adjustment? There is usually a slotted head screw adjuster thingy in the top somewhere. I’ve got solar panels so had to fit a TCV (not a Salamander unit) before our Salamander RHP 75 as the water this time of year can get pretty damn hot; worth installing & regulates the water temp to the whole house perfectly.

cheers rich as i said i have turned down as far as they will(65i think) and they seem ok now must be boarder line though will see how they go.i have a mixer after shower pump which then feeds 2 showers.nice piece of kit but strange it dont like water temp 65 when thats the norm.just wanted to make sure i wasnt missing easy fix

Sponsored Links
nice piece of kit but strange it dont like water temp 65 when thats the norm.
Salamander’s data sheet specifies & their warranty is dependant on the maximum temperature NEVER exceeding 65 degrees (or internal damage cold occur); which is rather on the hot side. There are some arguments that say 60 is required to guard against legionella but most recommend a maximum 50 degrees & care homes & schools are restricted to 40.5 degrees.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back