Shower pump wont pump hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. Firstly, I am not a DIYer, just a homeowner looking for some advice if possible. Both of the showers in our home will not pump hot water. If the temp is set to only cold, it will pump at full strength, but when it you ask for hot water, you can still hear the pump, but only a dribble of cold water comes out. The free standing bath tub and all sinks work just fine.

This happened once before about a year ago and someone who came to fix it did so within minutes and I seem to remember him saying it was a simple switch of some sort. I remember understanding that it was an electrical issue rather than an actual plumbing issue with the pipe or the shower heads. But, of course, I didn't think to ask for details as it was fixed, I didn't really care! Stupid me.

Does anyone have any idea what the easy fix might have been? Or any other suggestions that I could try myself?

I really appreciate any help.

Sponsored Links
Are the sinks and bath fed from the pump too? If so and the pump's running then it can't be electrical, once the pump is running then only a mechanical issue could cause the water not to flow properly, airlock, thermostat issue, etc.

As muggles mentions, more info required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back