Shower pump won't start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just fitted a new bathroom in the attic and added a shower. I've connected the shower to the existing shower pump, a Salamader Right ????. I don't think that it's a negative pressure pump, and there in lies my problem as I don't have the head of water to start the pump, unless I take the shower head and lower it.

Would changing the pipes to 22mm (from 15mm) make any difference? Also, is there such a thing as an acumulator that can be fitted to kick start the pump?

Many thanks for your replies.

HNY to all.

Brgds

Philip

Sponsored Links
I would think it's easiest to just get a neg head pump - although they're quite expensive.

Thanks for that - I was hoping to avoid that and was looking for a retro solution if there is one. I should say that the existing pump was fitted by the previous house owner...

Forgot to say,
Salamander do a negative head "add on" kit, you might be able to fit this to the existing pump.
I would phone them and ask

rgds

Sponsored Links
Just the sort of answer I was looking for - will get on the blower on Monday.

Thanks

Brgds

I had the same problem so put a one way valve followed by a small £20 accumulator upstream of the pump. Stops the pump pressure leaking back to the tank.
This pushes enough water through to start the pump

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back