Shower Recommendations please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am about to have a new bath with shower over the top installed. We don't have a shower cubicle or space for one.

We are going for a slide rail/ handset- style shower only for various reasons.

The valve I will be fitting is a Crosswater Waldorf which is designed for systems starting at 0.2 bar. Hopefully this is a good choice.

This is my current cold water reading off the bath tap hand shower nozzle for pressure: (I got very similar readings from the garden hose tap)

Static: 1.7 bar
Dynamic: 1.0 bar (Measured with the sink tap running - hopefully I did this right)
Flow rate: 10-12 litres/ min (10 or a touch more at showering temp, 12 at cold).

All fed from a Valiant Ecotec24 Combi - this is a ground floor maisonette.

The one thing I can't decide on is a shower head. Obviously the pressure is 'OK' but not amazing by any stretch.
I was looking at the Grohe Raindance range, but I am a bit worried they all recommend min. 1 bar they might give a bit of a rubbish shower. Someone in a bathroom shop suggested the Crosswater Wisp which is supposed to give excellent flow at 0.2 bar, but it is only a 100mm head, and given we don't have a rainfall shower, I am worried it might be a bit rubbish as a daily shower?

Any advice most welcome!

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back