Shower riser tray queries

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I have the stone shower tray which are fitted with riser legs.

It's to be installed on top of a new vinyl floor - then I thought, should I cut off part of the vinyl where the riser legs is standing on? My thinking here is since vinyl floor is soft and the riser legs may press down the vinyl floor over time? This would probably distort the enclosure?

Also - the 90mm shower waste unit I got with the tray - apparently the thread is not long enough to do any turning to tighten between the top part and the bottom part of the waste unit - do you know which waste unit with longer thread depth which could easily give a few turns of threading to seal the waste unit?

Sponsored Links
You're quite right, you need a firm base to install the tray on so cut the vinyl away. The supplied waste should fit, either you're putting it together wrong or they've given you the wrong one, either way you shouldn't really need to buy another one

You're quite right, you need a firm base to install the tray on so cut the vinyl away. The supplied waste should fit, either you're putting it together wrong or they've given you the wrong one, either way you shouldn't really need to buy another one

Thanks - I cannot imagine how I could put the waste together wrong! It's a simple waste just threading together thats it, there's too much depth for the unit to be fully assembled. Will go to local and see what they have in stock. (item was via ebay with the shower tray/enclosure)

Thanks - I cannot imagine how I could put the waste together wrong! It's a simple waste just threading together thats it, there's too much depth for the unit to be fully assembled. Will go to local and see what they have in stock. (item was via ebay with the shower tray/enclosure)

FYI they sent me the wrong waste unit!! They claimed they tried to stop these wrong ones but why did they not contact any of us to check...replacements on way....

Sponsored Links

FYI they sent me the wrong waste unit!! They claimed they tried to stop these wrong ones but why did they not contact any of us to check...replacements on way....

When got the replacement unit - thought it would fit so applied some sealant - it did not get screwed right!! So I applied some more sealant and left it there to dry with support of wood underneath the waste unit.

When it dries - it felt really secure - is this something you would do and continue use it?

I've since found another waste unit which +may+ just fit right but I would not know without breaking the sealant and try this...?

Advice - leave it or try use the other one?

When got the replacement unit - thought it would fit so applied some sealant - it did not get screwed right!! So I applied some more sealant and left it there to dry with support of wood underneath the waste unit.

When it dries - it felt really secure - is this something you would do and continue use it?

I've since found another waste unit which +may+ just fit right but I would not know without breaking the sealant and try this...?

Advice - leave it or try use the other one?

am nearly complete - an i have advice re: the above please? Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back