Shower tray riser kit movement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I purchased a pearl stone shower tray and paid extra to get the additional riser kit leg set.

The tray is 760 x 760 and I have used the 6 legs supplied and levelled but still not convinced that it's solid. There is a bit of movement as the legs are cheap plastic into a metal thread.

I have yet to seal it to the wall so this will help but as the gap is exactly 100mm high should I add some timber 4x2 to help support it? I have my waste and water pipes running underneath but could cut the timber and place in the gaps.

The floor is level and secure.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I find it better to build a base to the correct height or at least as you have suggested 4x2 (secured to the floor) then cut the legs down so they are shorter giving less wobble.

It would be more work now but make a better job of it and be less likely to get leaks in the future.

Use a good quality silicone aswell to sick the shower to the wall and let it set

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back