1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

shower room studwork options

Discussion in 'Plastering and Rendering' started by booner, 29 Feb 2020.

1. booner

booner

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    im installing a shower room, i have plans but theres no directive for plasterboard type for studwork, i am pvc panelling the walls and ceiling and wondered if a, green board is necessary local to the shower, or b, necessary for all studwork......secondly, would it be advisable to either skim or unibond (or neither) the plasterboard prior to fixing pvc panelling, thank you

2. Sponsored Links
  3. booner

booner

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  4. booner

booner

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    ok, this is what i think i should do, use green board local to shower, standard pb for the rest, probably advisable to skim it all, but dont bother if you think the pvc panelling is gonna be staying on for a long long time, and just adhere straight to the pb with silicon, cheers

5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local