Shower screen advise

M

marsaday

I am building my bedroom bathroom at the moment and wanted some advise on a shower and the screens.

The layout of the room means i have to have the toilet and shower on the external wall. So they will be next to each other. So i only have one wall to use for the shower. This is where the pipe work will go.

My idea is to have a 1400x900 tray. As you look at the wall, the tray will go long ways on the bottom of the wall (right in the middle where there is more height). On the left will be the toilet and window.

My question is: Can i use glass for the left side of the shower and then glass on the front AND have these two pieces joined at this left front corner. Then on the right side there will be no glass and this is where you walk into the shower. So it is open plan on this side. I have seen 2 pieces of glass used, but they are seperate and a wall on one side usually serves to make the "cubicle" where you do the showering.

This is a link to what i mean, but imagine there is no wall on the left and instead that is another piece of glass

http://www.nextbathrooms.co.uk/show...losures/1400-x-900-straight-walk-in-enclosure

Can i do what i want to do ?

Sponsored Links
The glass screens are very heavy and they are supported by an aluminium frame that is screwed to the wall. The glass panel has a piece of aluminium bonded to it that fits into the aluminium channel screwed to the wall.
You would need to get a glass panel without the aluminium bonded to it and then find a way of supporting it maybe something like this

http://www.bellabathrooms.co.uk/linear-shower-screen-900mm.html

You should be able to buy a side screen separately.

thanks, i intend to order the glass from the local glass supplier - much cheaper. I can then buy a screen channel and fix the left panel into the wall. I will use some "aems" to hold the front panl in place, but joining the 2 pieces together at the corner is the tricky bit.

are there any clamps i can use and would i use silicon here ?

Sponsored Links
Thats what i want, but i can do it a lot cheaper myself if i just order the parts seperatley.

I want to know how the screens are joined together though.

you will need to use 8mm toughened at least, the parts won't be cheap have you tried plumbworld .com it may be cheaper to buy a ready made unit , or maybe it's not the price and you enjoy the project side of it .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back