Shower screen install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have two questions.

1. Is a 1000mm arm suitable for a 1200mm screen when installed on the wall adjacent to the screen (rather than above or on opposite wall)

2. What size raw plug and screw would you recommend for install? The wall is tiling on plasterboard on insulated wood frame and hung tile on the outside.

Exact product is:

http://www.hudsonreed.co.uk/product...ns/universal-wetroom-screen-support-arm-ARM32

Sponsored Links
You mean the arm extends to within 200mm of the end of the shower screen from the wall the screen is fitted to (one of the cranked-style arms)? If so then yes this is ample. With regards to the type of rawl plug, you will have no problems with a standard brown plug (7mm), knocked in so it is flush with the face of the tile. Size of screw would be a inch and a half 8 (40mm x 4 in new money) - thick enough to expand the plug and long enough to reach the end of the plug (any more is a waste!) Finally Id drill with a 6.5mm masonry bit rather than a 7mm just to make it extra snug, but thats your call. Just be careful hammering in the plug if you do, dont crack the tile!!

Looks like a single screw fixes it, size will depend on fitting, may well come with screw required.

I haven't moved the arm... As I've noticed a chip in the glass right on the outside edge.

I think I can flip it around so the chip is in the wall holder... TBC

Sponsored Links
I haven't moved the arm... As I've noticed a chip in the glass right on the outside edge.

I think I can flip it around so the chip is in the wall holder... TBC[/QUOTE

It's possible there might be a fixing hole in the glass???

That's what the plumber is saying. Screen needs to be replaced... but who pays?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back