Shower Screen Screw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Noticed that a couple of the screw covers on my shower screen have split where it attaches it to the tiled wall, it's been in about 1 year now and so still fairly new. I have a plumber popping over in the new year to service the boiler, from the pictures is anyone able to tell me if replacing these is a fairly simple task, or if they come as part of the entire shower screen? I can ask him to have a look but would like to know beforehand if this is quite simple to do, or if i'm starting down that familiar road of 1 job becoming 3 or 4 and a much higher quote than originally planned.
Any feedback gratefully received.

Attachments

• IMG_4526.JPG
    IMG_4526.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_4527.JPG
    IMG_4527.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 173
Sponsored Links
Thank you both for your help. That item in Toolstation looks like the cap only? Not sure if you can see from the 2nd picture but the split is in the body of the attachment, rather than in the dome cap. I am not sure what that part is called and I am hoping it can be bought separately. It looks like one of several fittings that attaches the screen to the wall, does that sound about right? I'm also not sure if to replace we need to take the whole screen off.

Sponsored Links
Take off what you have and use the Toolstation one, that's all you need. You don't need to remove the screen, only the screws.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back