Shower Switch query.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
Just replaced a shower pullswitch.
Everythings working fine only now when I switch the pullswitch to on the light on the shower unit also comes on.
Now,this didn't happen before.
You had to switch the the pullswitch to on(neon on pullswitch switch lights up) then you had to push power button on shower and then the light on shower unit lights up and water comes out.
Is this the way it should be working or not?
Its a Mira Play unit.
Any help most appreciated.
Cheers,

Sponsored Links
Check your wiring- it's wrong !

Load = shower, supply = feed from fuse board.

Also check you haven't wired in a reverse Neutral / live.

Live is red or brown, neutral is black or blue. :rolleyes:

Are you sure the "on" switch on the shower isn't stuck on?

PJ

Well,I've checked the wiring and everything is as it should be.
As for the power switch on the unit being stuck,surely water would be coming out as soon as the pullswitch is turned on.
No water is coming out its just the light on the unit that is on,you still have to push the button for water to come out .......
if I had got the wiring wrong at the pullswitch surely the pullswitch neon would be on all the time.
Any other thoughts??
Cheers,

Sponsored Links
Just so I'm clear guys the shower unit light comes on with the pullswitch(no water comes out) then you push the units power button and shower turns on and water comes out.
Push button again water turns off but light on the unit stays on until I turn off the pullswitch and light goes out.
It works fine its just that it didn't do this before.The light on the unit didn't come on until you pressed the units power button.
Wiring is fine,mains cable into FEED side and Shower into LOAD.
Cheers.

That is exactly what it should do.

GREAT!! Thats all I wanted to know......but it didn't happen before....light on the unit only lit up when you pressed the power button ON SHOWER UNIT.
Its confusing trying to explain it and I know its working but I just wanted to make sure its safe.
Cheers,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back