Shower Temp Adjustment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone (and anyone who can help)

I bought and installed the shower SV1013 through Ibath on Ebay.
the problem is the thermostatic bar does not get up to anywhere near 38 deg, even on max.
I have then taken off the end caps and exposed the brass temperature cartridge to try to adjust the settings. The problem is that the unit will only turn a certain amount and this is still not above luke warm.
If it helps, the cold is directly off the mains but the hot is off a combi.
Is there any adjustment which can be made if I actually take out the temperature cartridge? or is this a sealed unit?
any help would be greatly appreciated. :D
Thank you

Sponsored Links
First check that you have the hot and cold supplies the right way round, it should be hot on the left and cold on the right as you stand in front at the shower valve and what temp is the water leaving the combi ?

Check the filter is not blocked on the hot water inlet to the shower

Hi guys, thanks for your responses.
the inlets are correct. The boiler is a worcester greenstar and the temp is set at 55 deg and cannot be adjusted. The water temp is good everywhere else in the house.
I only fitted the unit about 10 days ago and the filters were clear. would they have blocked up already?

Sponsored Links
I only fitted the unit about 10 days ago and the filters were clear. would they have blocked up already?

Did you flush the pipes through before you fitted the shower? The filters would be the first thing i would check with problems similar to yours.

Also some showers come with a flow restrictor for combi boilers that should be fitted to the cold water inlet of the shower (this is to equalise the cold flow rate to the hot)

If the filters are ok and the correct flow restrictors are installed then call the manufacturers for further advice.

Thank you TCS heating. I will take off the barrel and look at the filters. The pipes were flushed through. I didn't get any restricters so I will speak to the manufacturer. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back