shower temp Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,I have a Bristan dual control shower valve fed from a combi boiler.
It does not appear to run very warm think it has been like this since install a 18 months ago.I looked at manual and carried out procedure for
increasing the max temp but still not made any real differance.
I have always had to turn the boiler water temp up to close to max for this shower.I have a New team mixer valve in en suite which cant control at this temp so have to turn back down to use this shower.
Both showers are fed off same pipework and it is all mains pressure(no header tank etc)
Would this sympton be a result of the hot/cold inputs being plumbed wrong way during installation???
Both showers are also thermostatic valve mixer type.
I live in Scotland so no issue with hard water scaling etc.
Any help appreaciated :D

Thanks for reading

Sponsored Links
if you runa cold tap, such as the one in the bath on full bore while you have a shower, does it get warmer?

I just wondered, because this was my trick during uni; the thermostatic value in the shower mixer block had failed and was running cool. I don't recall whether it was scaled up (hence bust) opr whether it had just plain up mechanically failed, but a replacement sorted the problem..

Sponsored Links
Hi Thanks again for the input,now wondering if I may have to fit a pressure valve on the cold supply?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back