Shower traps are too low profile - help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All the shower traps I can find are, for obvious reasons I guess, very low profile. However because of pipe clearances and very limited room to work or make alterations, I find I need a deeper trap (like the photoshopped pic below), so that the waste exits around 90mm below the shower tray base. All the examples I've found are around 35/40mm. Plumb Centre had no ideas but I'm hoping one of you boys or girls has a solution

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• trap-short.jpg
    trap-short.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 160
  • trap-long.jpg
    trap-long.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 182
Sponsored Links
Have you got the shower tray yet ? if so what is the diameter of the waste outlet.

In the mean time,this the vertical version of a decent trap..
McAlpine Bottom - Vertical Outlet 90mm Shower Trap
vertical trap.jpg

It's a 90mm....that looks promising, sods law its too deep!

Thank you.

You can actually cut a keyhole shape in the board directly underneath the tray you know! It doesn’t have to be a perfect circle - that’s what I always do but I have often thought that a deeper trap or trap extension would be useful on occasion!

Sponsored Links
Of course I did but your OP merely describes a problem yet no specific detail... duh!

Edit: I’m a plumber btw. Are you?

Thought it was specific enough, the first responder understood.

Thought it was specific enough, the first responder understood.
The point is that you (as a DIYer) may have missed a solution that is immediately obvious to a professional who has encountered the same problem many times before...
Uploading pictures and/or providing more detail may help you in the long run.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back