shower tray bed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Im fitting my first shower tray but have a couple of questions. I have over-boarded my floorboards with 12 WBP ply.

1) I've been advised to use driwall adhesive or sand/cement. Would you guys agree with this?

2) when you place the adhesive/sand/cement on the floor do you put dabs on or do you spread it across the ply? how thick do you put it on?

3) On the underneath of the shower tray there is a recessed area near the edge, all the way round. Im assuming i dont put any adhesive or sand/cement in here? Do i put some on the outside edge?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Don't know about drywall adeshive, dontthink so. Ply should be sealed first.
You want a solid bed of sand and cement. Put some ripples in then push shower tray down and turn to create suction.

Fit a Mira Flight tray, they're fixed with plain silicone, 10x quicker & less fuss.

Sponsored Links
thanks but i've already purchased the tray so must continue with what I have but I'll remember that for you the future.

Cheers.

Any takers on the thickness of sand/cement or adhesive?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back