Shower tray choice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm looking for shower choice advice

What's made of? Stone resin, wood and fibre glass or steel. Which ones to avoid and what's recommended?

Shower waste location, does it matter of it's in the middle of the tray? Is it better to be at a corner or to one side?

Any other considerations?

I am looking for 1400 x 1000

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Obviously there will be a few recommendations but for me it’s a stone resin, no riser kit ( plinths are best) and the drain could be either offset or central.
An offset drain doesn’t get stood on!
The Mira Flight series are very good.
John

I know Mira flight are good but don't do size am looking for, 1400 x 1000. If anyone used or has info of this size, pls let me know

Is such tray recommended?
"made from Methacrylate that is attractive in design but very tough and durable, the tray is then laminated onto a wooden baseboard and fibreglass, Finally, the tray is reinforced with a metal frame, producing a very strong tray"

Sponsored Links
Stone resin for me too... I have a simpsons crosswater tray, low profile one, the waste grille is a nice piece of laser cut, stainless stee, that won't distort if you stand on it.

Stone resin for me too... I have a simpsons crosswater tray, low profile one, the waste grille is a nice piece of laser cut, stainless stee, that won't distort if you stand on it.
Crosswater is good brand but they don't do 1400x1000

Any type is fine if installed correctly , the best position for the waste is one which suits your waste position,

OP,
use the search box for "shower tray fins" for lots of info about reliable shower tray design and installation.

I used one with the upstands at home for the new shower. I could never understand why they make them without them.

I have seen this tray of interest made of stone resin but it's too flat low profile 30mm. I have 2 exposed sides which will be using glass panels and doors. Is a such tray suited more for wet rooms and could cause over flooding problems for me?

I called the manufacturer, they said shouldn't be any problem. Your views please?

tray1.jpg

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back