Shower tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im going to be fitting a new shower tray and screen soon and Im looking for some suggestions and tips as some people have advised me to use brick base as it is on a solid floor other people have suggested a timber base not sure which to use plus anything else to bear in mind when im doing the job thanks

Sponsored Links
Mortar bed on a solid floor will suffice. Wet mortar base - ridged like bricklayers do, tap down gently until perfectly flat in all planes. Leave a slight gap around the edges to tuck floor covering under. Plenty of silicon around the back where the vertical faces meet the wall.

i need to raise the base up by about 4 inchs though as ive got no fall on the waste and for access to the trap at a later date if need be

tommyl18";p="1446153 said:
i need to raise the base up by about 4 inchs though as ive got no fall on the waste and for access to the trap at a later date if need be[/quote
Spend a little more money and buy a riser kit for the shower base and have a load less hassle

Sponsored Links
Or put a few thermalite blocks down & put your mortar bed on them.

Or cast your own concrete base

Or make a frame from timber, cover with ply and then mortar or floor tile adhesive

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back