Shower trays - ABS Acrylic capped polyurethane foam v stone resin?

OK, I'll see what google says about them. I usually like to buy from a shop if possible, but they are competitive on price.

Sponsored Links
I've used Victoria Plum(b) in the past for budget jobs without an issue, but bear in mind that they rose from the ashes of MFI, who weren't exactly great on customer service. Their "special offers" are pretty much permanent - the countdown you see will reset and be rebranded as a different offer a couple of days later.

If you want to be able to get spares for things in the future, buy recognised brands

There goes the budget then.:(

I had noticed the special offer was everlasting, there are similar countdowns on many of the plumbing furniture websites now, so they must use the same web designer.

Regarding spares, is a 90mm waste hole standard, because it seems that only VP supply trays with that fitting?

Sponsored Links
Mira trays available from Screwfix, delivery in two days.
John :)
Not sure I like the look of the construction of Mira trays underneath, not too solid looking especiially when the legs are shown in place. Pretty sure I wouldn't be using the legs, but all looks very plasticky underneath. Don't suppose Screwfix stock them 'in store', but I'll check.

90mm is pretty standard, the aforementioned and recommended Mira Flight trays all use a 90mm waste IIRC. It's rated to 30 litres per minute, which is plenty unless you're having a multi-heat and body jet shower

What size were you after?

Mira trays available from Screwfix, delivery in two days.
John :)
Not sure I like the look of the construction of Mira trays underneath, not too solid looking especiially when the legs are shown in place. Pretty sure I wouldn't be using the legs, but all looks very plasticky underneath. Don't suppose Screwfix stock them 'in store', but I'll check.
Mira Flight are the trays that the majority of tradesmen I've come across use. I've never had an issue with quality, and they come with a 10-year warranty

Fair enough, seems the concensus is behind Mira Flight, so I'll check them out. Not coming up on the Screwfix site though looks like Plumbase have them.

We have a resin tray bedded on sand and cement, I ply'ed the floor before hand - no issues what so ever and our house is 1930's. Don't mastic it in though, as one trades person suggested to me!

OK, thanks for that. I'll be doing it that way, but once it's installed, it's in for good so just needed to be convinced.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back