Shower trips RCD - please help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've got a Triton Aqua Sensations AS2000 power shower that keeps tripping the RCD. When I look inside the shower unit I can see water dripping out of a small pinhole which the temperature dial fits on (presumably the temperature valve?). Any one know how I can fix this? As is probably obvious, I don't know much about this kind of stuff!

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Triton make about the worst showers in the world!

Most are priced on a throw away after the warranty has expired basis.

It worries me that you are contemplating a repair on an electric appliance to be used in a wet area of a bathroom.

Is it supplied from an RCD ?

Tony

Thanks for the reply, Tony. The problem originated with the entire RCD tripping at random times during day or night. After much trial and error I sourced the problem to the Triton. Removing the cover revealed that it obviously been dripping water for quite some time.

I was just wondering if there was anything simple I could do to fix it. If it's anything more involved, I'll guess I'll have call out the plumber. We've not long moved in, so I don't want to risk flooding the place :)

I don't know what is leaking.

If you can take and post a close up photo we might be able to make some suggestions.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Ok that's the control knob shaft seal.

Fairly straightforward to replace.

But a cheaper solution would be if you could put a valve in the supply to just turn off the water when not in use!

Tony

No that is the circlip that holds the shaft in place, on your shower doctor link there is a contact us link send the same pic that you have on here and they will tell you the correct part you require

The drip can be cured by fitting a complete new flow valve.
very unlikely thats causing the trip, that's more likely a fault on the pcb.
Has the pcb got wet or damp at all ?

I had guessed that water vapour inside is condensing on electrical bits and causing the RCD to trip.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back