shower valve and temp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we had a new shower fitted last year - for various reasons only just using now. when i turned it on the other day it was scolding hot and wouldnt turn down. so realised they may not have been balanced. (certainly not checked knowing the guy who fitted it)

I took the tap end of and turned the spindle to reduce the temp, however now it only goes between warm and cold..even with the spindle turned fully anti clockwise.

the only way i can seem to get it right now, is by only have the cold isolator only slightly open :oops: I suspect I shouldnt leave this permanently like this?

There are no problems with the pressure elsewhere..there are 2 screws within the valve that isolate supply, do these help to balance also?

Any other thoughts or is just a pressure thing? I have turned the cold supply of just to check hot water is coming through and it does come through boiling as you would expect...

Sponsored Links
Check hot and cold supplies are correctly fitted to shower valve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back