Shower valve fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone advise me how best to fit this Grohe Grohtherm 1000 exposed shower valve to these pipes? The fitting instructions omitted to tell me that I need female connectors fitted beneath the tiled surface to accept the s-unions that come with the valve. Ive found out now obviously but Ive already tiled the wall and dont particularly want to remove the tile. The pipes are exactly level and the right distance apart so i dont really need the adjustment facility that the s-unions offer. Is there a male chrome compression fitting i can fit onto the pipes which I can hide beneath the escutcheons? Alternatively should I get a different valve and flog this one on e-bay?

Sponsored Links
being as you haven't fitted the 1/2" x 3/4" doglegs that come with the shower your only alterative now is fit a set of these.

prd4370ca132d2f11.jpg

Great stuff...just what i need. Quite pricey mind at between 25 and 40 quid.....but better than trying to get the tile off....and no chance of hidden leaks either. Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back