Shower wall Panels?????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this should be in “Tiling” as it’s an alternative, but has anyone done a Full Bathroom in this stuff?

Should I or is it batter to Tile for any reason???

Must admit, we do like the look of it. Some of it looks like solid Marble & no grout etc.., the only thing we DON’T like is the horrible Aluminium Extrusions in the Corners.

Would it be possible/advisable to butt the panels up tightly in a corner & use a bead of Silicone Sealant??? I would seal the edges of the board first too. I just don’t see the point in putting up something to look like Marble & spoiling it with something that looks like it belongs in the works bogs!!!

Sponsored Links
I did a shower cubicle in these panels a few years back. I just siliconed the internal corner as you said and it worked out fine.

Thanks GCOL

Have you ever seen a full Bathroom done in this? I'm worried it might look tacky. I think it looks fantastic in the small areas I've seen it in, but can't picture it in a full room.

Any ideas where I might get to see a full display? I'm in Merseyside so anywhere in the North West would do.

Thanks again!

Sponsored Links
Well they've got it in my local kebab house and it looks ok. :LOL: Apart from where the p*ss heads have knuckled it!
The only thing you need to be careful of is if you need to cut one of the boards vertically. If you leave a thinnish piece it can bend which will make it difficult to hide the joints. Certainly though, if you fancy it, go for it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back