Tiling inside a shower enclosure ........

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - I've looked through the forum and have seen loads of useful suggestions, but would still like some help, please. The bathroom has stud walls with green moisture resistant panels, and I am having a quadrant shower fitted in the corner. I have marble mosaic tiles for inside the enclosure, which have been sealed once and will be sealed once or twice again. The adhesive and grout are both moisture resistant.

The plan was to seal off the boards with UniBond waterproof PVA, however I've just read that the Granfix adhesive I've bought suggests Granfix wetroom system. Question then - will PVA be as good as the Granfix stuff, and will it affect adhesion? Or does anyone know of something more effective?

Sponsored Links
the shower/wet area i would advise you tank this with a wall tanking membrane...dura/homelux/kerdi..etc

AS FOR THE uniBOMB PVA...thats NO..NO..use an acrylic based primer..bal apd or mapei PRIMER G..or an SBR follow mfr for mix ratio..

mosiac..make sure you use a mosaic fix ADHESIVE(white) and the correct notched trowel

sorry prime boards first.. ;)

Sponsored Links
no probs AnnT.. ;)

its all in the preperation.. and its not a race so take your time when doing the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back