Shower wall panels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am considering using a shower wall panel instead of tiles in my bathroom - OK the missus has asked me to use this stuff, I prefer tiles!

Anyone have any experience with these panels who could offer up any comments about their performance? I like the idea of not having any grout lines which always end up getting dirty even with a quality grout sealer applied. However, from what I have seen, most of these panels seem to be plywood with a laminate surface - is this a good idea in a wet area?

Sponsored Links
The plywood is the backing board, then its the foam core then the shiny surface. They're the ones i've seen anyway.

However, from what I have seen, most of these panels seem to be plywood with a laminate surface - is this a good idea in a wet area?
If they have a ply backer, not a good idea on a wall with a recessed shower mixer or any pipes with compression or, god forbid, push fittings.

I’m biased but, personally, I don’t think they can compare with the classy look of large format tiles; but they can present their own problems! As long as you fix them properly & water doesn’t get behind them you should be OK

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back