Removable tiled bath panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a MDF panel which has been ruined by water getting into it from the bottom. I would like to fit some plywood to the frame and then cover in some wall tiles which I have spare.

The bath only has one side panel as it sits between two walls (and back wall). As I imagine the panel will be quite heavy to remove once tiled can anyone offer any advise as to how this can be fixed and also removed when necessary.

I thought about using magnetic catches as the most of the wieght will be taken by the panel resting on the floor. Should I also silicone round the outside of the panels once grouted?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
It depends on the bath type and position of the waste and taps,if it is a "normal bath" with waste and taps at one end then make only that end of the panel removable with the other two thirds fixed.You can use mirror fixing screws with removable dome caps or depending on spacer size put screws between the joints and grout over,if you need to remove it just dig out the grout in the fixed areas.If the panel is fixed properly you can grout in the join between the two sections of panel.
I have used this method a few times and it works well and gives a neat finish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back