shower waste ball joint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all -

Digging out my downstairs bathroom concrete floor to change a shower waste for a new tray. Was hoping it to find a standard compression connection on the end but it goes to one of those ball joints and then seems to be connected to another pipe via a solvent weld through the wall. I don't fancy digging into the wall and through what looks like the damp course, so does anyone know if there's a way to connect to this ball joint that was part of the original waste instead?

Thanks (picture below)

3sopjQM.jpg

Sponsored Links
Oh dear, looks like it's all glued. Only way to do it properly is to cut out the plastic and join a new piece to the grey pipe almost under the wall. That's a short sighted installer that is. There would have been no way to service that without some major work.

You "may" be able to get that off with some careful use of a multi-tool, flat bladed screwdrivers and a lot of patience!

Oh dear, looks like it's all glued. Only way to do it properly is to cut out the plastic and join a new piece to the grey pipe almost under the wall. That's a short sighted installer that is. There would have been no way to service that without some major work.

Thanks - so just cut the balk joint part off and a solvent weld to the grey? I tried going in as far as I could to the white pipe but no useable joint in site.

Sponsored Links
Clear as much as you can around the smaller grey pipe just under under the wall and see what the diameter of the plastic is - if it's arnd 46mm then it should be solvent weld and take normal fittings.

As @dilalio mentions though, good idea to work you way back slowly and see if you can't get some of that fitting/coupling apart. May give you more to work with.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back